As of April 2, 2018
- Where to apply:
- Clerk of Courts Legal Office 3rd Floor Courthouse.
- All passport applicants must appear regardless of age. Minor children under 16 must be accompanied by both parents. Minor children 16-17, need only one parent present.
- You will need to bring the following when applying for a passport:
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship:
- Previous U.S. Passport or certified birth certificate
- Proof of Identity
- A previous U.S. Passport
- A valid driver's license
- A valid military I.D. card
- A valid state I.D. card with one additional identifying document
- One photograph: Must have been taken within the last six months. Must be 2"x2" and in color. The photograph must be full frontal or whole face view of the face with a white or off-white background.
- Required fees
- Adult passport (16 years of age or older), valid for 10 years: $145.00 ($110 check or money order made payable to US Department of State and $35.00 check, cash, or credit card to Clinton County Clerk of Courts)
- Minor passport (under 16 years of age), valid for 5 years: $115.00 ($80.00 check or money order made payable to US Department of State and $35.00 check, cash or credit card to Clinton County Clerk of Courts)
- Expedited processing fee (includes Express Mail postage fees): add $76.48
Payment to U.S. Department of State must be made by check.
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship:
- Passport Processing Time:
- Allow at least 6 - 8 weeks from the time you submit an application to the time you receive your passport.
- Please try to allow beyond the maximum time frame noted to help insure your passport will be delivered well in advance of your travel plans.
- Expedited Passport Applications:
- If you are leaving within ten working days, apply in person to the nearest passport agency and present your tickets or your travel itinerary from an airline, as well as the other required items. Closest agency is located in Detroit Michigan.
- You may also apply at the Clerk of Courts Office for an expedited passport, currently processed by the U.S. Passport Agency within fifteen (15) business days after receipt. There is an additional $60.00 required fee for expedited passport processing as well as the Express Mail (overnight) postage fees – currently $16.48, for a total of $76.48.
- For more information regarding processing times and other information can be found on the Internet at http://travel.state.gov/passport/ click on Passport Application Processing Time.
**All processing times are subject to change**
- This information is intended to provide you with basic answers to the most asked questions. Once the application has been submitted, Passport Services Agency staff are the only ones who can provide information to you about the status of your application. If you have any other questions about the initial application process please contact this office.