Marriage License Requirements
Hours: 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Monday - Friday
Phone: (937) 382-2280
46 S. South Street, Courthouse, 2nd Floor, Suite 224, Wilmington, OH
- Applicants must come together to apply. No appointment necessary.
- One person must be a resident of Clinton County to apply for the license in Clinton County.
- A valid photo ID is required.
- If either person has ever been married before, they must bring a final divorce decree/decree of dissolution for every marriage. If widowed, a copy of the death certificate is required.
- If all requirements are met, the license will be issued the day you apply. Your marriage needs to be within the next 60 days in any county in the State of Ohio or the license will expire.
- The total cost of the license is $40.00, CASH ONLY. Probate Court does not accept debit, credit cards or checks.
- If both parties are out of state residents and obtain a license in Clinton County, they must be married in Clinton County.
- If either applicant is under the age of 18, please contact the Clinton County Probate Court before applying for a license.